Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First real visit with Dr. Petersdorf

We had our first real visit with Dr. Petersdorf office today, after being on Gleevec for a full week. They did my usual blood draw first, and then we discussed the results with the nurse (next appointment is with Dr. P himself). Overall, I'm moving in the right direction. WBC is down to 136k, my blasts dropped from 3k to 2.7k in a week (from 12k two weeks ago). Although I have a long way to go, it's nice to know that numbers are going down. It was hard to know what to expect, everyone reacts at different rates, but glad to see that they are trending down.
 
As a pleasant surprise, we did get to see Tyler today, they had an appointment to draw blood at the same time. It was nice to see Tyler, although since I had to wear a mask, I didn't get to spend too much time with them. I was encouraged to see that his important numbers are coming up, while mine are going down. I really look forward to the day we are sitting at the bar again drinking, and looking back at our experiences.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment