Monday, November 23, 2009

20 days into the Ariad trial

Can't believe it's already been 20 days on the new trial drug. I am doing some day round trips to Portland, and I have to say that I am getting way to familiar with the route. Come December, I will only have once a week appointments, and half of those can be done at Seattle, so I know there is light in the end of the tunnel.
My BP has been very stable around 130/80 for the last 4 times, so I think the stress is off there. Today's CBC showed whites at 3.2k, platelets at 66k, and Neutraphil at 54%. In english, the only number to be a little concerned about is the platelets, since if it drops below 50k, then I may have to have a short vacation off the drug, or lower dosage. This is not abnormal for these types of drugs, in fact, on Sprycel I hit 44k on Sprycel. As for the whites, it went up to 3.9 last week, but now back to 3.2. These numbers will swing +/- 100's, even within the same day, so it's nothing to worry about. as long as I don't see higher than say 10k, I should be comfortable with the white number.
This week has another round trip to Portland on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment